Paige302

69 coupe rear license plate

Hi all,

I've just repainted my 69 coupe and discovered the joys of reassembly 2 years later thanks to COVID. I'm trying to attach my rear number plate and I feel like I'm missing a bracket. There is the mounting point on the valance, but the square holes for the top of the plate seem like they want an additional part. I feel a little stupid that this one has stumped me, anyone able to help me on this one?

is this the only attachment for the license plate? the problem could be I'm using an Australian plate and it's too wide and won't fit into the recess, it currently sits behind the rear bumper on the left and right. has anyone come across this? it obviously wasn't secured properly by the previous owner. Screenshot_2022-01-03-08-37-34-697_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.881d8a671d3b7e872689196f589103b5.jpg

if the above image is all that is required I will potentially have to engineer a bracket or think about new plates with less characters. 

cheers

Rear plate mounts to square holes with plastic pieces like you have above without an additional part. Don't know the license plate size for Australia but USA plate holes and size fit to the opening and the plastic pieces.  If the size of your plate fits the opening, may be you can drill new holes on the plate to match the plastic pieces on the valance but if you are not allowed to drill holes on the plate, you have to engineer a bracket. There is a separate bracket that is installed on the front valance for the front plate. Valance has holes for the bracket. This is the front plate bracket. 

May be our Aussie members can give you advice on how to install Aussie plates.

@aslanefe thanks for your helpful response  in confirming the photo is correct and my suspicion that the problem was the size of the Aus plates. I have posted on the Australian owners club forum as well and they have given me a solution. 

Much appreciated