Machspeed

Rotisserie Rear Attachment Point

I've been mounting my car on my rotisserie using the rear bumper area and now after reworking the tail panel wish to attach it to the frame. In that, I need to fabricate some new brackets. For those of you whom have mounted your cars on a rotisserie in this fashion, I would really welcome some pictures of the brackets and see how they are attached? Thanks!    

4 hours ago, jmlay said:

Use the rear tie down mount holes on the frame rail. Plate on one side welded to a square tube that extends rearward.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. I have 1/4" plate; do you think a single plate on each frame rail will be secure enough? Had thought to go with plate on both sides but then I would need spacers as my square tubing is 2" and the frame is .350" thinner.  

21 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Here’s a picture of how I did mine 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you, Maynard! 

What I have is overkill, but I work in  a machine shop so I have access to all kinds of steel. If you’re car is stripped down, it really doesn’t weigh that much . I guess I just did it this way because I thought it was easier, but could probably get by with a 1 plate attachment , your call

I have an Auto Twirler that I bought off Craigs List. They make lift arms for a classic Mustang. This may be a bit difficult to envision, because the rotis is currently in storage with the lift arms facing down so they take up less room. The arm is positioned on the rotis counter-clockwise 90 degrees and the circled brackets are positioned up. A bolt goes through the two holes and into the rear spring mount. You can see that the whole bracket can slide in and out on the arm as needed and bolted in place.

image.png.2d5455205e91427c687478006a5f0222.png

The first picture above is using the the upper shackle hole. My recommendation woul be to use the two holes to the right, utilized for the bracket for transportation tiedown.