Drew

Outer Rocker Replacement

I am looking to purchase and replace the outer rockers for my 69 fastback, it seems that I can get some from a few sites; CJ, Classic industries, NPD, and Scott Drake. The reviews are not good or they don't have any. I am fine with modifying them but would like to start with the best possible piece. Also, prices range from $55 to $170. If anyone has any experience with a brand it would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Andrew

I purchased one that was a terrible fit. The profile wasn't right at all. It came from Kentucky Mustang but I don't think it matters because when there is a bad lot out there it seems everybody's are bad. A friend of mine checked several places and never found a good one. If Ridge has a good one I would be sweet talking him into selling it.

I have used a couple of rockers from the conversion kits to patch in rockers that were damaged ,all the lines lined up very well . when you get one of the cheap replacements you know it right away ,the stampings have rounded corners on all the bends and nothing will line up .

I like to slip a piece of rocker inside the new patch ,plug weld ,slip that into the rocker being repaired and plug weld then weld the joint ,makes a nice solid repair and the piece slid inside helps keep all the points aligned .

_MG_3519.JPG.jpg

_MG_3518.JPG.jpg

_MG_3521.JPG.jpg