Sign in to follow this  
aslanefe

Original fuel sender

Does anybody have a non-working original (not repro) fuel sender for 69 or 70 they would like to part with? Need one to experiment and see if I can rebuild it and have it read nonlinear like the originals do.

1 hour ago, Mike65 said:

Do you still need a original fuel sender, I might have one. I would have to look for it since we just moved & it might take a few days. Let me know.

Mike, have not found a bad original one yet. I am looking for one with open resistance to see if I can repair it and post a how to if I am successful.

I found the sender, it is an original Ford fuel sender with the Ford logo & part #- C9WF-9275-A stamped in it by the electrical connection.  I have to test it to see if it is good or not. I will let you know.

I tested the sender with an ohm meter & a video I saw says with the sender at empty it should read 60 ohms, & full 8-10 ohms. Mine is reading empty 123 ohms, & full 112 ohms.

4 hours ago, Mike65 said:

I tested the sender with an ohm meter & a video I saw says with the sender at empty it should read 60 ohms, & full 8-10 ohms. Mine is reading empty 123 ohms, & full 112 ohms.

That is weird, if the resistance wire was broken, it should show open, not any ohms.

1 hour ago, Mike65 said:

I do not need the sender, I have an electric fuel pump & I am going to convert to EFI. If you do not want it I will try to sell it on ConcoursMustang forum.

Mike, How much do you want for it? Tried to pm you but looks like your inbox is full.