jjstang

Park brake light??

Ok, here's my stupid question for the day.....

My AAW update harness has a wire labeled "park brake light"  I've seen other sites eluded to the park brake light.

For the life of me, I can't find a park brake light on the dash/instruments panel.  I have a brake warning light which I assumed goes to the connection on the brake distribution block. 

Is there one??

This is a 69 mach1.  non-tach

thanks john

I don’t have the hole by the ignition switch or dimples. Curious, where does the other end of the park brake light wire go to?  I don’t seem to have any stray wires under the dash. The AAW harness instructions says for use only with the Dakota aftermarket gauges. ???  Is it going to be hot all the time?

On 70 dash with tach, the parking brake light is in the gauge. Don't have a 69 with dash so not sure where it is on 69 with tach. 

On one of my 69s with no tach, I connected the parking brake switch to the brake warning light, so it lights up when the parking brake is engaged. Same light also lights up as brake warning light. I used the parking brake light switch I reproduce. Have pictures of the switch I reproduce on how to section.

My 1969 came with the “Visibility Group” option. That optiongave you a parking brake warning light, interior lights, trunk light, glove box lock, ash tray light, lighted ignition switch,  and a remote driver side mirror)-see an attached excerpt.  My parking brake warning light had a broken switch. I was able to source one from a different year and bend it to work. It’s a simple switch that attaches to a light socket with a red bezel (these are hard to find).  I am attaching a photo of the actually switch but not of the light and harness (can’t find it right now). The light is helpful because I keep leaving the parking brake on.  

brakelightindicatorimagegood.PNG

4759D8C0-79BB-4EF2-8142-620B5983C55A.png