I’m just verifying that I’m not crazy. 
I have a convertible. I’ve pulled the Marti report on it. I feel pretty confident about it’s history. 

Had a guy telling me that Ford never made convertibles in 69, they only made coupes. Ford would then send them to another company to chop the roof off, and if you took the trim off, you could see the plugs where the coupe was chopped. 

Is this correct??

6 minutes ago, Midlife said:

Who ever told you that they didn't make Mustang convertibles in 1969 is just odd and should never be listened to seriously.

And that was what I thought. It was some 20-something worker at a parts store who was adamant that he was correct. I told him he wasn’t, that I had the paperwork on the car, but he just kept insisting. I decided it wasn’t worth it to engage, paid for my spark plugs and left. Never one to think I know it all, and willing to be corrected if I’m wrong, I came straight here to ask the experts. I’m glad I wasn’t wrong, but where do people get off telling others that they don’t know what they’re talking about in regards to their own car? Once had a guy at a car show adamantly argue that “I” had installed the ornamental scoops backward, even after I explained to him that it was 1969, and who knows what the designers were on that year. 

Well, the most recent Mustang Club Magazine has a cover article on the Mustang II in the mid 70's that only had a few convertibles made by an outside company that did cut the top off.  Well give the young man the benefit of the doubt,..

"Mustang II, Boredom Zero!!"

This is the bane of the new generation.   I call it the "history of now". If they find it on their IPhone, it must be true.  

They don't have to worry thought, when their Tesla convertible batteries die and it starts to rain, the top will not go up.  They can go Google that....

Can't question them you know, they know what they got! lol 

The only controversy I herd was that the 69 coupe side vents were installed backwards, since the prior coupes had the gills facing forward. Then again, can't find any real information on that if that was true for the 69 coupes. 

Only Ford has that documentation in their archives if it was ever noted. 

4 minutes ago, Dave R. said:

The 1969 Mustang has 4 headlights. The outers are high/low. The inners are high only. At least that is the way my Mach 1 works.     Dave R.

All 69's have the same setup, I was being funny in regards to harlan69mach's post above.

14 minutes ago, aslanefe said:

All 69's have the same setup, I was being funny in regards to harlan69mach's post above.

Got it. Sometimes written humor doesn't come across as well as spoken humor does. It's all in the delivery as the saying goes.    Dave R.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, harlan69mach said:

Over heard a young man trying to impress his girl friend with is knowledge of classic cars, explaining that the inner headlights were fog lights on our 69 Mach 1. I just smiled and let him talk.

See, I can't let that one go.  The teacher that I am wants to educate others! :)

The information provided by Ford conflicts itself, so just call the lights whatever you think the hell they are....

The '69 Sales Brochure says: "4 Headlights, paired horizontally"

The '69 Dealer "Data Package" says "Dual 5" horizontal headlights"

The '69 wiring diagram calls the outboard headlight the "high and low beam headlamp" .

The '69 wiring diagram calls the inboard headlight the "high beam headlamp"

The '70 Sales Brochure under Mach 1 says:  "Simulated driving lamps"

The '70 Dealer "Data Package"  says: "Unique plastic grill and driving lamps"

The actual switch on the dash in a '70 Mach 1 says "Sportlamps"

The '70 wiring diagram calls them "Sportlamps"

Most people that have seen my inners lamps "ON" call them "brights", mostly due to the fact that they are very bright 100W GE # 4537 Aircraft Landing lights.

Outers are Cibie' 57-28-02's with 55/65W H4 bulbs, which put out decent and useful light on their own.

Doug

GE-ACLL_HI&Cibie_HI-LO.JPG

How many times do we get told by the experts that our 69 Mach 1 came with a  cleveland because they know someone who had one. I just smile and walk away. Most times it is someone not even born in 1969.

Love the 351W

3 hours ago, jrw69 said:

How many times do we get told by the experts that our 69 Mach 1 came with a  cleveland because they know someone who had one. I just smile and walk away. Most times it is someone not even born in 1969.

Love the 351W

And all the folks I meet that had a '69 just like mine with the 289 in it...