Weeell...I won't know till it's torn down, but I fly cut the piston for valve clearance and at this point I think the remaining metal wasn't thick enough and failed. Two of the eight are damaged. 

Screenshot_20211022-183359_Messages.jpg

RPM, this brings an old issue to mind that may be a contributing cause to the issue that you had.

I got my vintage 351W from a good friend on the forum.  I was pretty excited, as it came intact, as original.  I dis-assembled it, and verified the casting number as a C9OE-6015-B. A '69 vintage block with no apparent major modifications other than an old 0.020 bore machining.

I took my engine apart, and sent it to a local engine shop to get cleaned/tanked magafluxed/examined for any defects/cracks etc.   Getting a clean bill of health there, I moved forward and decided to build a 393 stroker.   I hired the local engine shop (NASCAR engine builders) to prep the block, and balance and assemble the rotating assembly for my stroker.  Using top shelf manufacturers, they put together the engine.  

I got a call from the shop, that they had run into an issue with the piston height, and that they needed to do some slight machining on the top of the pistons. Their take on this was that the block was at some point machined at the head to block mating surfaces, and had caused the pistons to be too "tall" in the cylinder.

So, they machined the top of the pistons, and to now, all has worked out ok

The punch line to this discussion is that I did not know there are 2 different deck heights for the early 351 Windsor's.   As a '69 casting, my block had a 9.480" deck  height.  (This apparently applies to only the '69 and '70 351 Windsor blocks). The '71 and later blocks have a 9.503" deck height.

If your stoker kit is made for the 9.503" deck height, and... if you have a '69 casting block with the 9.480 deck height, you could have this problem.

That, as they say, is the "rest of the story"

Vic

This is my favorite video

Took my daughter for a ride in my '68 Mustang maybe 6 or 7 years ago, on an undisclosed road in North Carolina.  I purchased this car in the late 1980's and drove it to work everyday.  It was a 6 cylinder coupe with a 3 speed, and aftermarket, underdash air conditioning.  I drove it as I knew I could fix it and keep getting to work.  My co-workers often questioned me about driving this 25 year old car to work every day. I loved it.

As a small child my daughter rode in the car a lot, in the back seat with a lap belt and a rear quarter window for her view.  She was not interested in a trip to Disney, or a ride in some theme park.   The Mustang ride was her favorite.

The car was off the road from around 1994 to 2004, when I started restoring it, at that point, it had 260,00 miles on it and was pretty much worn out.

After the Resto, I was keen on showing it, and driving it, and got best in class at a National Mustang (MCA) show  But, my daughter was busy raising the 4 children and could not make it to the show.  I have all the trophies packed for her and the grandkids.

She doesn't know it, but the car is hers. I will give it to her in the next year or so. She has inherited the "gearhead" gene in the family.  As soon as she gets a decent garage, she can have it.

As CSNY said years ago...."Teach your Children Well"....  Godspeed.