Sign in to follow this  
zach69grande

WTB 69 Grande rear window trim mounting hardware

Hi,

I have all the trim pieces, but somehow I seem to have misplaced the hardware to mount the trim pieces for the rear window on my 69 Mustang Coupe. 

I did find one of the little bow-tie looking things. If I remember correctly, weren't there two sizes of those? Anyone have some they would part with, or send me long enough to 3d print replacements?

3 hours ago, zach69grande said:

Hi,

I have all the trim pieces, but somehow I seem to have misplaced the hardware to mount the trim pieces for the rear window on my 69 Mustang Coupe. 

I did find one of the little bow-tie looking things. If I remember correctly, weren't there two sizes of those? Anyone have some they would part with, or send me long enough to 3d print replacements?

Does this picture help?

IMG_1521.jpg

YES! thank you, at least now I know what I need to be looking for. 

Can you confirm if those two plastic bow-tie shaped nut inserts are the same size, or is one larger than the other? and there are only 2 per side trim piece?

then the small top piece - are there any special inserts to mount those with?

7 hours ago, zach69grande said:

YES! thank you, at least now I know what I need to be looking for. 

Can you confirm if those two plastic bow-tie shaped nut inserts are the same size, or is one larger than the other? and there are only 2 per side trim piece?

then the small top piece - are there any special inserts to mount those with?

Zach, nothing special for the plastic pieces (the ones you call bow-tie shaped nut inserts I think) that are on side and top trim. They are just spacers, sheet metal screws goes through them and fasten the trim piece to window surround (screw head stay on the outside so they are visible on top of the trim). So when you tighten the screw, the trim does not cave in.

As you are 3D capable and 3D print of those parts will work good for this application, how about this; you give me a few days, I will take a few detailed pictures of the plastic spacers on side and top trim and post them. Then you create some non-dimensional drawings from those photos and mark the dimensions you want (and the dimensions I would think you may need for the CAD model); and I get those dimensions for you from the plastic pieces. Will that work for you? 

21 hours ago, zach69grande said:

Absolutely! Thanks for the help!

You are in luck, both bow ties are the same part number; so as you already have one bow tie, you can use that to create your model.

Below are some pictures; a few of them are blurry but they should give you enough to create a non-dimensioned drawing. Last 2 pictures are with the spacer attached to top trim (2 spacers on top trim, one on each end).

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg