Have a short story to tell;  I recently saw an ad on the SAAC site for an intake manifold. I just had to have it.  I will post a picture of the ad below.  Anyway I bought the intake, sent the check to the seller, Fast Fords in Canada, and waited to hear back.  OK so heard back; the check cleared and the seller will package and ship.  So far everything going right along. The package arrived 2000 miles later and was a joke. The 80 lb. intake was broken and cracked.  The carb studs ( which should have been removed) were three broken and one bent. This guy, Fast Fords, had not spent one Nickle on shipping materials.  The intake was wrapped in a sheet of cardboard a UPS logo and an old shipping label sill on it.  Zero padding of any sort, carboard only and lots of tape to hold it all together ?  So very disappointed I went ahead with the tiresome task of filing a claim with Purolator Shipping.  So Purolator investigates themselves, ( how's that work) decides it's the sellers , again Fast Fords, poor packaging that's at fault, denies the claim and have a nice day.  The seller Fast Fords thinks he did a bang up job of packing and says sorry.   The real story here is that a very nice 428 intake manifold is now trash.  With no options left I turned to the Forum knowing I'll get some sympathy Here?  Thanks, Brian

C8OE-9425-C Ad 1.jpg

C8OE-9425-C Ad 1a.jpg

No, paid by personal check at his request. The seller; Fast Fords is located in Dunnville that's in Ontario, Canada.  Totally got suckered on this one.  Could offer any number of excuses but the fact is I walked right into this mess with my eyes wide open.  Also learned that Purolator Freight bears absolutely no responsibility for anything.  At this point I am walking away.  I thought I was just buying a car part not getting into some sort of protracted vendetta.  Would like to get his name out there so that it might show up in a ' search '  for the next guy ?  Brian

Thanks for the sympathy guys.  This person Fast Fords is obviously not a car guy. Has not made a move to help correct this situation and apparently doesn't feel the need to.  These people are out there looking to make a buck any way they can off anyone they can.  No remorse, no guilt just business as usual. Purolator Freight/Shipping is pretty much  the same.  Just in it for the money.  No effort made to insure packages are correctly packed.  Little caring what condition the package/item is in when delivered.  Just walking away and never looking back.   Their ' claims Dept ' serves only Purolator's interest and that is to deny claims. This combination of unscrupulous vendors and ' not my problem shippers ' is a shameful duo.  Litigation is the often suggested remedy but who wants to get involved with that ball of crap ?  Not me.  So suck it up, lesson learned, and move on.  Brian

Temporarily working/living in Canada for the last 3 years,  I can understand how this happened.  As an example, the car insurance here is "no fault", even if for instance someone plows into the back of your car.   This is to avoid any argument or conflict, they see this as the "not anyone's problem".....easy way out.

I hope you've taken the time to copy/paste this post to a Google, Yelp and Facebook review. That's really where it'll help fellow buyers. Once that's done I'd put it to bed unless he reaches back out to you to make amends.

Bummer about this. It has probably happened to a lot of us. I know it happened to me, but the value was under $50.  I would definitely raise it to SAAC forum and vintage mustangs forums.  I am not sure if it will help, but maybe point out to Fast Fords that you will be taking all actions possible.  You might also mention you have contacted your friend in Toronto who is an attorney.  You know the guy, I have used him to. 

Yes I am interested in what you might have.  Take a look and if you do have a 428 intake ?  The cast info; part ID and the date please ? Where is this intake located ?   'Nice original'  ?  No chips,  repairs, heli-coils or pitted surfaces ?  Thank You.  Brian