Sign in to follow this  
jjstang

More rewiring questions

Y'all have been a great help, now another question.

Rewiring with the AAW harness.  I want to eliminate the printed circuit board behind the dash, too many people complaining about the repos.

So how did you make the connections to lights.  Since I plan to use the stock gauges (converting the alt gauge) I'll need to make a connection to the resistor/regulator doodad (forget what is called) too.  Thanks john

I figured someone must make those.  I just enjoy fabricating solutions, it's a hobby, right.

Finding the parts has been problematic, the actual size specs are elusive.  Like, I see those T10 sockets but will they fit the hole correctly?  The CVR does have 9v battery connects, and those are plentiful,  but I haven't checked if the wires need to be resized to match the needed current. 

It would be simpler just to buy it......

9 hours ago, jjstang said:

I figured someone must make those.  I just enjoy fabricating solutions, it's a hobby, right.

Finding the parts has been problematic, the actual size specs are elusive.  Like, I see those T10 sockets but will they fit the hole correctly?  The CVR does have 9v battery connects, and those are plentiful,  but I haven't checked if the wires need to be resized to match the needed current. 

It would be simpler just to buy it......

Well then, since you enjoy fabricating solutions, go for it!  When you get frustrated enough, let me know and I can help you out.

I did go to that site at first, but I didn't know what I was looking for.  Now that I have put some effort into this....  I see that theirs is a T10.   Thanks

I do have some of the replacement 9v battery connections in the drawer.  The wires appear very thin. How much current do these need to handle? Will they handle it as is?   I know that's probably a trade secret......

Thanks

30g  that's small.  The smallest wire I have isn't labeled, dam.  What do you think the wires on a 9v battery connector are.  Kinda irks me to buy a whole spool that I will never use again.  I already have a bunch of those......

Thanks for the info.  john