lalojamesliz

steering box questions

Will a power steering box work fine with manual steering or if I installed the Saturn type eps? 

I'm just wondering since I'll be inputting much more force into the box compared to the way it worked with the hydraulic power steering. 

I was getting ready to send my power steering box to Chockostang and started to wonder about this. I can ask them too but I'd like to know what people here say

The boxes are the same size physically but a manual box is 19 to 1 ratio and a PS box is 16 to 1 I believe. The PS box is more direct quicker steering. If you have wider tyres steering will be heavy at low speeds. Keep that 15" steering wheel.

The 16:1 radio box may be heavy at really low speeds below 5-10 mph, but they are perfect with great feel above that. I'm an old, out of shape 65 year vintage guy who had no trouble using a 16:1 as a manual box with 245s and 7° caster. Girlie boys like Lalojames might struggle with the 16:1 box. :)

5 hours ago, RPM said:

The 16:1 radio box may be heavy at really low speeds below 5-10 mph, but they are perfect with great feel above that. I'm an old, out of shape 65 year vintage guy who had no trouble using a 16:1 as a manual box with 245s and 7° caster. Girlie boys like Lalojames might struggle with the 16:1 box. :)

Ha ha ha.....wait a minute.....