So Fine 6T9

Hood Scoop Harness Clips

Hi Everyone-

Long time lurker and have found this site to be a godsend while restoring my 69 Mach 1.  I have a question about the tape-on mounting clips on that harness. The harness from AMP does not include those clips and my original harness is long gone. I think I have a source for the push-in clip but haven't found the black screw-on clip. Has anyone had luck sourcing that clip? I  found a pic on this site of a NOS harness for reference. Thanks.

Hoos Scoop Wiring.jpg

The Black Plastic retainer is not reproduced and is hard to find.   The off-white push-in clip is more common and I found one in my pile of extra wiring to use on my repro AMP harness.

For the black one, I just used a zinc plated steel / black rubber coated clip that provides the same function and looks like something the factory "could" have used.

Doug

7-2014-DR-WIRING-BB.JPG

7-2014-HS-WIRING.JPG

I don't wave to two black cable clips. But the clip the wires are cable tied to looks like is would have been taped to the loom originally. My wires also pass threw a hole in bracket on firewall.20210928_134551.thumb.jpg.c810623e7d2415f2776fef1843d66a44.jpg

9 hours ago, pgold said:

Doug, I would like to see photo of your air cleaner setup. Would like to do a Ram Air conversion one day. Also you seem to have a extra earth wire than I have. 

The extra Ground is from the O.E. Hood Scoop Harness.

And now off subject ...

My Ram Air system consists of a 1973 Mustang 302 Air Cleaner Base & Cover (cover trimmed so it just covers filter), snorkel & air breather tube from a '69 302/351W Air Cleaner, and an '80 Camaro Z/28 Ram Air Seal.   Pie shaped cut out in hood is styled after stock hood cut-out of a '69 Torino w/ ram air and the same style hood scoop.

Reason I used the '73 Air Cleaner is it is smaller in dia. than the '69 and seal fits within the stock hood cross bracing.   The '73 base had various other cut-outs for emissions related stuff that the '69 base does not have so all these extra holes were also welded up before painting. 

1980 Z/28 Seal was FREE (freshly removed from a then new Camaro that a friend owned) and I was able to make it work ... could maybe source something from a Ford application too.   

Note that the '69 Snorkel on the '73 base puts the exhaust riser opening above the valve cover, so no way to add the riser pipe & related parts to add a little more "stock-look" appearance to the mod. 

Doug

Ram Air Air Cleaner top view.JPG

Ram Air Hood Cut Out.JPG

4-2011-ENGINE-3.JPG