ralt962

Rear Sway Bar

bigmal,  thanks,  thats interesting.  The bar I have is a simple wide U shape.  It was clamped to the spring.  Unfortunately I don't recall where it was mounted to the body.   I've redone so much of the underbody (new trunk and all) that the attachments are no longer there.   I assume you bolted to the body near the small step for the rear seat?

Page 16 of the Boss 302 handling book shows the Rear Sway Bar details used for the Stage III modifications. Also lists NOS part numbers.

The '69 "Brown" Chassis Book https://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1969-Ford-Mustang-Chassis-Assembly-Manual-Reprint and the '70 Orange book (similar) show the factory engineering and assembly drawings.

The pic below is of my Total Control Products ()Chris Alston Chassis works) Sway Bar/Panhard Bar package that I installed.    I am very happy with this setup. The Panhard (aka Track Bar) Bar is adjustable.   Instructions attached for info

B984900C-9D45-40BB-981C-E9EBB3D55FC7.thumb.jpeg.1c840b6a0bfb031b49ee3a6a13eae8df.jpg

Rear suspension.jpg

BOSS302ChassisMod.pdf PHL_DS_WEB.pdf

Thanks for the information.   Understand my issue now.  I had the rear rails replaced and they installed ones that did not have the stay bar attachments included.  

Nice install on the track bar.  My racing days are well passed otherwise that would have been a fun add.  

Ralt962 happy that helped.   Post some pics of your install, I am sure others have run into the same problem.

Rich - Yes, welding required to install the panhard bar mount on the drivers side frame rail.   The instructions show those details.

Yes, there is room to get the exhaust around the panhard bar and rear anti-roll bar, but requires some measure/bend/fit skills that I just don't have.  

I wanted to run 2-1/2 inch exhaust the whole way back.  I also wanted to do something different, so I thought that filling in the reverse light holes in the rear valence, and running the exhaust through the valence similar to a '66 GT would be cool.  Came out great.   I cannot take credit for the exhaust system "artwork" ....that is all done by my friend Mike (latoracing) a long time member of the forum.   

I did all the under the car detailing, but the exhaust is really exceptional.  Based on a 1970 "Pypes" 2-1/2 inch SS exhaust kit.  As I have a convertible, this was a real challenge as the exhaust needed to sneak on top of the center reinforcement plate on either side of the driveshaft.

Pics below

IMG_5972.JPG

IMG_5968.JPG

IMG_6929.jpg

52 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

Ralt962 happy that helped.   Post some pics of your install, I am sure others have run into the same problem.

Rich - Yes, welding required to install the panhard bar mount on the drivers side frame rail.   The instructions show those details.

Yes, there is room to get the exhaust around the panhard bar and rear anti-roll bar, but requires some measure/bend/fit skills that I just don't have.  

I wanted to run 2-1/2 inch exhaust the whole way back.  I also wanted to do something different, so I thought that filling in the reverse light holes in the rear valence, and running the exhaust through the valence similar to a '66 GT would be cool.  Came out great.   I cannot take credit for the exhaust system "artwork" ....that is all done by my friend Mike (latoracing) a long time member of the forum.   

I did all the under the car detailing, but the exhaust is really exceptional.  Based on a 1970 "Pypes" 2-1/2 inch SS exhaust kit.  As I have a convertible, this was a real challenge as the exhaust needed to sneak on top of the center reinforcement plate on either side of the driveshaft.

52 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

Vicfreg,

The looks fantastic! Very clean looking the the valance. What a great idea...I love it. Unfortunately its a bit too late for me. I have a73 vert so I know what you mean about sqweeezzing those 2 1/2 pipes over the reinforcement plate thru the tunnel.

I used the same Pypes kit on my 70, but with different mufflers. I installed it so I could get the car to the shop and have them fix it and weld it up. Came out okay, but not as up and tight as yours. 

My handy work...just enough to get it to the shop...

20210921_081140x.thumb.jpg.98fb02576f9d8925ed8043baf9fee88e.jpg

I forgot to get a picture of the undercarriage before they brought it down off the lift.... I do like the factory 70 tips....

20210921_110057x.thumb.jpg.5a51cf80f6bae3914e88e7d8666c6638.jpg