Midlife

ZZZZZzzzzZZZZ

I to was board and went looking at old posts in Members Only  - Mustang Unit Numbers section and noticed Ridge Runner You have or had a 1969 Gulf Stream Aqua 302 Ram Jet. I have not seen how FORD made this happen. Would like to see some photo's of under hood and air cleaner.

Lots of 69 and 70 mustangs and other Fords with this non functional hood scoop.

Dont have any pics anymore but i do have the hood and the under hood ram air air cleaner here some where . It was basically the pie cut hood ,cougar style air cleaner and seal with a flapper lid under the Mach 1 style hood scoop . Torinos also used the same set up as my 69 had 

I'm in Brisbane Australia. There is a fair few mustangs here but I have not seen functional Mach 1 hood scoop here. Shaker hoods and B9's yes. I have a document / drawing somewhere for the scoop and air cleaner for 1968 428 CJ. I guess 69 is similar design.

My 69 was F code 302 and has I think a genuine ford non functional Mack 1 scoop. Now fitted with 351C 2V - Edelbrock F351 2V and 600 Holley with holley style air cleaner. So I would need complete new ford 4V style air cleaner to make a start with this mod.

The flapper plate looks like it simply sat on top of the air cleaner ,it had a locater tab on the bottom to keep it pointing forward . The rubber seal locked over the air cleaner and the flapper plate . There was a small lid inside the air cleaner with a small air filter just like a normal air cleaner . When the hood was closed the rubber seal touched the bottom of the hood venting air into the flapper plate through the pie cut holes in the hood under the air cleaner . The mach 1 type hood scoop simply had the rubber block of behind the scoop grill removed ,other than that it is the typical mach 1 hood scoop .i made a mold from the flapper plate ,sold several many years ago ,i still have the mold around here some where. 

20210917_082415.jpg

20210917_082435.jpg

20210917_082920.jpg

20210917_082931.jpg

rps20210917_083320.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I think one of my Mustang mates here in Brisbane has a template for the pie hole cut outs. Is anyone making / selling the rubber seal ? What controls  the vacuum servo flapper?

Should have done text first. Above is what I have. I should get Marty report to see if car came with scoop, sports mirrors, spoilers, Rear Louvre, AC and PS.

Maybe it was ordered with the accent group.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, Midlife said:

It's been awfully quiet in here the past couple of days...

I wonder if it is quiet because every question that could ever be asked has already happened?  All you need to do is a simple search. I cannot get that Gougle thing to work, though. I think it is just me, maybe my browzer? 

What did the police officer say to her navel?

You're under a vest!

Why do birds in the northern hemisphere fly south for the winter?

Walking is much harder.

Thank you, Thank you very much!