Rcodenewf

70 convertible seat belt washers.

The rear seat belt bolts are shorter than the front bolts and have the same thick washer. The front ones have the rubber washer whereas the rear has a serrated reddish washer. Does this washer go under the big bolt and on top of the big washer or underneath the big washer.

The rear short bolts ive noticed has an "A" stamped on the head whereas the fronts are stamped "B".

Thanks...John

7 hours ago, Rcodenewf said:

The rear seat belt bolts are shorter than the front bolts and have the same thick washer. The front ones have the rubber washer whereas the rear has a serrated reddish washer. Does this washer go under the big bolt and on top of the big washer or underneath the big washer.

The rear short bolts ive noticed has an "A" stamped on the head whereas the fronts are stamped "B".

Thanks...John

image.png.291f011f0a8228c4c1c31a047ac0a57e.png

Thanks Rich: Not sure what the difference would be between B on the top left and B on the top right? I had seen this diagram on my microfiche but again wasn't sure which diagram would apply. The B on the left has a washer above and below the belt whereas the far right b diagram has one small washer under the buckle. Where the confusion lies is that i have 7 of those small washers..lol...and i'm a bit of a collector so i could have thrown extras in the box with the ones i took off...Or...i'm missing one. I think i had extras. The rear ones aren't required to pivot and therefore should only...i think ..have one washer under the buckle as the bolt does not have a shoulder.

Thanks for the response!

Regards..John

2 hours ago, Rcodenewf said:

Thanks Rich: Not sure what the difference would be between B on the top left and B on the top right? I had seen this diagram on my microfiche but again wasn't sure which diagram would apply. The B on the left has a washer above and below the belt whereas the far right b diagram has one small washer under the buckle. Where the confusion lies is that i have 7 of those small washers..lol...and i'm a bit of a collector so i could have thrown extras in the box with the ones i took off...Or...i'm missing one. I think i had extras. The rear ones aren't required to pivot and therefore should only...i think ..have one washer under the buckle as the bolt does not have a shoulder.

Thanks for the response!

Regards..John

Hi John,

The diagram is confusing. This diagram applies to all ford for multiple years. This is the full version and may clear up the confusion. It show option for doubling up the belt for center seats (cars with three seats across the back. Also apparently some cars the seatbelt anchor is position up and others are down.

1970 Ford Rear Seatbelt Installation Diagram.jpg