ralt962

LED headlights

Has anyone had an recent experience converting to LED healights?  Searching the forum brought up some older posts but the technology has changed more recently.  Looking at CJ's and NPD there were no reviews listed for their LED headlights.   thanks,

I have Octane lighting LED Headlight conversion. Good lighting, but didn't like that the front lens is plastic and clear and doesn't have any design/pattern to help with the direction of lighting/glare. however, its very bright. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 10.24.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 10.24.32 AM.png

IMG_5939 (1).JPG

30 minutes ago, lalojamesliz said:

I plan to purchase the same lights as rwcstang.

The lenses are clear because if they were frosted the glare would be much worse to on coming drivers and reduce light output. 

Good to know, I had the owner of dapper lighting messaged and try to educate me on why other brands are bad and his products are the best, but when I asked if he was going to give me a discount or at least a set for me to test, he denied it.

Funny, I have friends who has their product and they got a set for free by asking.

maybe I dont have a popular coupe/fastback or enough followers in Instagram? lol why educate me with all that info, if you are not going to at least give me a discount or give me a free set to try out and promote them.

Either way, Im not going to pay $400(w/ options)+ plus on headlights. Octane lighting was great with my order, I purchased them through their amazon store or you can also buy from the web page: https://www.octanelighting.com/ $199+ 

6 hours ago, rwcstang said:

Good to know, I had the owner of dapper lighting messaged and try to educate me on why other brands are bad and his products are the best, but when I asked if he was going to give me a discount or at least a set for me to test, he denied it.

Funny, I have friends who has their product and they got a set for free by asking.

maybe I dont have a popular coupe/fastback or enough followers in Instagram? lol why educate me with all that info, if you are not going to at least give me a discount or give me a free set to try out and promote them.

Either way, Im not going to pay $400(w/ options)+ plus on headlights. Octane lighting was great with my order, I purchased them through their amazon store or you can also buy from the web page: https://www.octanelighting.com/ $199+ 

Hey man are your headlights 6k? I was looking for some 4300k but only see 6000k

On 8/30/2021 at 9:39 PM, rwcstang said:

found these if you want the factory look aswell. these might be my next pick up if these lights fail.

https://www.deltalights.com/classic-5-3-4-hi-lo-beam-led-headlight-kit-/p25

Pricy, >$300 for two. I could only find two reviews. We're not likely to ever find our size with LEDs that are DOT approved.

17 hours ago, ralt962 said:

Thank you for the links.   No issues with fitting the back end of the lamp through the can?  They look pretty large diameter.

But so far no issues with their performance?

no issue, you may need to bend the light tabs to fit snug, the only issue I had was the inner headlight trim ring that attached to the spring was harder to mount, but should fit very tight when in place.