notyepcars

69 dash ground wire

The other end either goes to the light in the door, or the 14 pin connector for the instrument panel. There is one pin on the instrument panel connector with 2 black wires, and one of the black wires is probably  this one. To check it, open the door so the door light is on.  Then unscrew the connection and remove the wire from making contact. If the door light goes out, that is it.  If it does not, it goes to the instrument panel connector.  

I don’t have the eyelet ground, so I tapped into pin #4 with a short wire and ground it there without the dash cluster plugged in. When I do this, I blow the acc fuse. This fuse runs my seat belt warning light and park brake light. Why would grounding pin #4 blow the fuse, it should be a ground. Thanks 

Ummm...pin 4 on a tach dash car is ground, on a non-tach dash car, pin 4 is red/white (temperature sending unit). 

Why don't you have the eyelet ground?  Does your pin 4 have two black wires?  Your blowing fuses doesn't make sense, and since you don't have a ground eyelet, someone has likely severely monkeyed with your wiring.  Taken together with your earlier posting (and e-mails to me), I personally would not want to power up your car at this time nor drive it.  Your wiring deserves to be pulled out and gone through and put back to stock configuration.  Something is dramatically wrong and you could be in danger of starting an electrical fire.  Yeah, I know, that sounds awful, but it is the truth.  I've been doing electrical work on these cars for 14 years, and your descriptions puts the hair up on the back of my neck.

I am not sure which one pin 4 is, but the ground needs to be 2 black wires going to the same pin on the connector.  Do you have a car with a factory tach or not?  What year is the car?  There should not be any wire from the seat belt warning light or parking brake light in a 69 with a standard dash.