Jump to content

Modifying window height stops

Recommended Posts

A couple of the rubbers were missing from the window limiting stops so i went and bought a selection of vacuum caps at my local supplier.

After matching the cap to the bracket i sprayed it with a little silicone and then warmed it with my heatgun. They fit quite tightly as the heat allows it to stretch and then constrict when cool. 

Probably will outlast the car.

In the pic the original is in the middle and the ones on either side of it are the ones i did. . In my opinion its better than wrapping tape around it.

Hope this helps someone who runs into this situation.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...