lalojamesliz

Front inner apron fitment issue

I purchased both front inner aprons and a radiator support. Since mine are in such bad shape.  The driver side apron and radiator support from NPD and the other side with the battery mount from CJ. 

The battery side one doesn't line up as good. I'm using the holes from the spring top covers on the wheel side to line these up. I ordered the dynacorn apron from CJ since NPD has these out of stock

Is this common for dynacorn replacement sections like this? I would love to order it from npd but I'm not trying to wait who knows how long it will be. I'll try calling but I'm wondering if I should just ignore the holes I'm using and line it up as best as I can. 

On a slightly different topic,  I love my plasma cutter more now. It made removing the radiator support and side aprons a breeze compared to using a spot weld drill bit or cut off wheels I cut everything off in one quick pass and then cut out the spot welds. Now I'll use those holes to rosette weld the aprons and radiator support on

16287960186773501344306975393901.jpg

16287960574988549782193676125413.jpg

16287961244333120950633974737097.jpg

These are the points I'm using to make sure both sides are the same length and I spot welded that square tubing to the top and another in between the frame rails and top of  strut bar mounts before I cut everything off. 

20210812_124124.jpg

1628797563267379192596894054813.jpg

7 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Try a fender to make sure the holes will line up in the top ,run a bit through the tower and the new apron ,as long as the holes for the top of the fender align you should be good . Did you take measurements before you removed the old metal?

The apron that's giving me issues doesn't line up with the holes on the shocktower perfectly but there's enough  space to fit some bits through the holes I think. 

I didn't take measurements because the radiator support pushed back and beat up. I can still measure it because it's still assembled 

I didn't realize how bad it was until Bob (RPM) pointed it out. I was going to try to straighten things out but with the poor  condition of everything as in rust, poor welds and the radiator support just beat to hell I decided replacements will be best