Sign in to follow this  
lalojamesliz

Anyone know of 18x9 wheels that fit up front without spacers?

I'd like to run 18x9 wheels up front and I need a 4.75 backspace and I can only find a 5.00" backspace. 

I don't want to run a spacer....that's my problem. Well that and other personal issues but that's the problem I'm having with this. 

I currently have two (2) 18x10 torq thrust 2 wheels for the rear and I wanted to run the 18x9 in the same wheel but I only see them with a 5.00 backspace and that will hit my ball joint from what people tell me and I've read. 

Right now my car has no suspension on it so I can't measure it myself but I can't really argue with people that have experience in this so I have to go by what they say right....

I was hoping to run the fr500 wheel but again, 5.00" backspace 

So does anyone know of a 18x9 wheel that will fit without spacers? I don't mind ditching the torq thrust 2 wheels and going for a different wheel.  

The reason I would like to order the wheels now is because I want to have a rolling chassis soon and the 18x8 torq thrust wheels are the option I know that will fit but the wait time on summit racing is sometime in September if I order now.

I'm just waiting to clean underneath and clean/paint my wheel wells to install the suspension.

Because the measurements on these cars vary wildly from car to car, that's something you should wait to do until your suspension, hood and fenders are installed. Unless you get custom offset wheels, I'd think you'll be using wheel adapters. Plan on rolling your fenders lips. This is a 17x9 Halibrand with around 1-1/8" spacer, and 275/40 tire. 20210714_150417.thumb.jpg.1b08bad1cb59ec547e848a1601d525ab.jpg20210714_150445.thumb.jpg.8917d518dacd06265b104f14c863d0c6.jpg

Yeah I see what you mean.....  I was trying to hurry and order them because of how long I have to wait for the wheels but the 18x9 are in stock. Once I have everything assembled I'll order 1 from summit and see if it fits I'll order the other just like I did with the rear wheels. If it doesn't,  I'll take notes and return it. Return shipping is only $25

Thanks Bob