lalojamesliz

13" cobra brakes

I no longer need these.  The brackets are made for 1969 "DISC brake spindles " not the usual drum spindles. 

The paperwork to install these is from street or track and I asked Shaun and he told me these brackets were a very limited run since everyone was buying drum adapters. 

The rotors have hardly any wear. No groves. It's like just the coating were the pads only was worn down

I bought these used a few years back and kept them in the box I received them in. It's everything but the spindles and pads.  The end caps and braided lines on the calipers also

If your interested I can definitely get you some more pictures.  

$500 plus shipping is what I'm going to ask 

I also have the 1969 spindles I can sell

Screenshot_20210627-095013_Gallery.jpg

On 8/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, EastYorkStang said:

Are your spindles different then my 1970 units ?

Sorry, I've been busy and forgot about this. The 70 spindles are supposed to be a big upgrade from the 69 and earlier so I would imagine they are different 

On 8/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, EastYorkStang said:

Are your spindles different then my 1970 units ?

If you're 70 spindles are disc, what I've read is that 69 70 spindles are the same. The difference in 69 and 70 drum spindles is that the pin on the 70 spindle is larger and sturdier. I've never had a 70 disc spindle in my hands to measure. 

20 hours ago, RPM said:

If you're 70 spindles are disc, what I've read is that 69 70 spindles are the same. The difference in 69 and 70 drum spindles is that the pin on the 70 spindle is larger and sturdier. I've never had a 70 disc spindle in my hands to measure. 

Thanks Bob 

On 8/9/2021 at 7:47 AM, EastYorkStang said:

Go ahead and check with the manufacturer. Let us know here. 

I found some information,  Shaun said the difference between 68-69 and 70-73 disc spindles is you would just use different bearings

Found that on this thread 

https://www.vintage-mustang.com/threads/drum-disc-spindle-differences.617578/

He also recommended this specific brake kit too from what I can tell. Good memory Bob 

I have a horrible memory 

I think 69 Boss and 70 all disc spindles are the same, 69 non-Boss disc spindle is different. You have to use use the correct bearing race for each to fit the hub/disc. And also I think tie rods are different between 69 boss and 70 vs 69 non-Boss. So many little changes to keep track of between 69 and 70.