rwcstang

Axle Replacement recommendations

I installed Moser Engineering axles in my 1969 Mach 1.  I like them, no issues.  However, make certain you get axles with the access hole for the retainer plate nuts otherwise it's more difficult to install and remove them.  Also, just my preference, but I don't like the C-shape retainer plates aftermarket axles come with.  They are made of a thick material, but the stock style seem better.

53 minutes ago, det0326 said:

Just curious. are u planning on more power or more abuse than normally?  The stock axles usually do well on the street. Not so much on hard launches tho.. 

Im getting a 408w built est hp goal will be around 500hp.

Im running truetrac ford 9" rear with a 28 spline. I will be running street performance tires.

I just wanted to upgrade for peace of mind, my old 393w was cranking out 430hp (365 rwhp), which was fun and never had a problem with the drivetrain, but since more power is the goal now, Im afraid the stock axles will take a toll.

I should've went with 31 spline rear end diff, but I had the opportunity to buy 28 spline TT for a good price.

Im not drag racing it just the occasional spirited driving and autox. 

23 hours ago, rwcstang said:

Im getting a 408w built est hp goal will be around 500hp.

Im running truetrac ford 9" rear with a 28 spline. I will be running street performance tires.

I just wanted to upgrade for peace of mind, my old 393w was cranking out 430hp (365 rwhp), which was fun and never had a problem with the drivetrain, but since more power is the goal now, Im afraid the stock axles will take a toll.

I should've went with 31 spline rear end diff, but I had the opportunity to buy 28 spline TT for a good price.

Im not drag racing it just the occasional spirited driving and autox. 

Got ya.  I was at a drag race one time helping a buddy of mine stage and the guy ahead of us made a hard launch, car went about 50 ft and stopped, left his pinon on the ground spinning like a top.

I also used Quick Performance.  Really great people.  High quality product. They built me a big tube 9" rear for my 1970.  I got the 31 spline axles and center section from them, and did the assembly myself.

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2084.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2113.jpg