rwcstang

AirFlow Research Bought out.

Received an email from my Machine Shop that there is a delay in my heads. 

Air Flow Research Heads Announces Investment by Taglich Private Equity

Air Flow Research is excited to announce that Taglich Private Equity, LLC (TPE) has acquired AFR. TPE is a lower middle-market PE firm that specializes in recapitalizations, management buyouts, and majority equity investments, targeting manufacturing, business services and consumer products companies. Taglich looks to partner with management teams that can take advantage of their expertise and background in order to optimize their company's growth potential and create long-term value.

AFR’s management team and employees will continue to operate out of its Valencia, CA facility, continuing to provide high quality, performance cylinder heads, service, parts, and machining associated with the AFR brand. Nothing will change; it will be business as usual. As President, Board Member and significant investor, Rick will continue to be involved with the organization, ensuring the foundation that his family and employees have built over the past 50 years will flourish under TPE’s guidance.

Taglich and AFR are excited about the growth prospects both organically and through future acquisitions of other aftermarket performance companies.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:50 AM, EastYorkStang said:

I can see the new company tacking on massive debt and or taking out whatever cash they have. The setting the company on a downward spiral.

It never sends good. 

Just look at Remington and Colt and what the PE vultures did to them.  

7 hours ago, lalojamesliz said:

Just out of curiosity, why would this keep anyone from getting afr heads?

As long as they don't start messing with the designs then they should be fine right? 

Correct, but that never happens. It took a while for AFR to get it together. For a while they were known for bad springs, but they improved, and now there is no place to go but back down. Investors want a return on their dollar, and that means cost cutting.

40 minutes ago, Mach1 Driver said:

Correct, but that never happens. It took a while for AFR to get it together. For a while they were known for bad springs, but they improved, and now there is no place to go but back down. Investors want a return on their dollar, and that means cost cutting.

Bad springs you say? I didn't know that.  I'm glad I swaped the springs to the one I got from Chris Staub 

6 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

yep, currently still awaiting for my AFR 205 heads to arrive. I was suppose to get it mid July and now its being pushed back to August. Kinda frustrating, but with this current buy out, I believe all production may have stopped. Most likely, all top tier heads will be pushed to be manufactured in a different state out of CA where it is cheaper or have it made in China as their low tier heads are being massed produced there.

Currently looking at other options, i.e Trick Flow, but they are back ordered until October or next year.
seems all Manufacturing are delayed until next year,

22 minutes ago, rwcstang said:

yep, currently still awaiting for my AFR 205 heads to arrive. I was suppose to get it mid July and now its being pushed back to August. Kinda frustrating, but with this current buy out, I believe all production may have stopped. Most likely, all top tier heads will be pushed to be manufactured in a different state out of CA where it is cheaper or have it made in China as their low tier heads are being massed produced there.

Currently looking at other options, i.e Trick Flow, but they are back ordered until October or next year.
seems all Manufacturing are delayed until next year,

This seller on eBay has the ones I have in stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/280641518937?hash=item415789bd59:g:cEcAAOSwKtlWls50

Or are you looking for the 58cc

https://www.ebay.com/p/16017008686

I don't remember if it was the guys over at Staub or at JGM that told me to stick to 10:1 or 10:5.... whatever I have. I was considering a higher compression but they told me with this it'll be powerful and run off of 91 octane so I won't have to worry about finding a e85 station. There's only 1 in Bakersfield that I know of. 

4 hours ago, lalojamesliz said:

so I won't have to worry about finding a e85 station. There's only 1 in Bakersfield that I know of. 

Pretty sure you gotta modify your carb, or get one meant for E85. EFI cars can run it. 

The Shell at White Ln & Gosford has E85.

Yup, after I decided on normal 10:something compression I ordered the carb. 

That's the one my friends go to. I see it when I drive home from my job all the time.  This village is lacking more e85 stations and charging stations Bob 

On 7/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, RPM said:

Hmm... how often do buyouts end well? I mean for anyone that didn't get a big check. 

Yeah, it doesn't sound good.  I think I'd look for something else if I were in the market for cylinder heads.