Sign in to follow this  
pw520a

speedometer driven gear

I have a 69 390 c6 with  3.25 axle ratio and stock14 inch rims on car, the speedometer cable was missing the  driven gear so I purchased on eBay a 16,17,18,19 and 20 tooth set ,does anybody know which one would be correct or which one to start with for correct speedometer reading?

1 hour ago, pw520a said:

I have a 69 390 c6 with  3.25 axle ratio and stock14 inch rims on car, the speedometer cable was missing the  driven gear so I purchased on eBay a 16,17,18,19 and 20 tooth set ,does anybody know which one would be correct or which one to start with for correct speedometer reading?

Don't know which one is correct, but I would start with 18 (the middle one) and check speedometer reading with GPS then go up or down if needed. At least it is easy to change the gear.

Depends on what u want. If u don't care about your odometer being correct then changing the gears to make your speedo correct is fine. If u want the odometer correct as said put the 18 tooth one in and check the odometer reading for 1 mile. If it proves to be correct and speedo still not correct then u have a speedo problem.