lalojamesliz

What do you guys think of this brake set up?

So a few years back I purchased a front disk brake set up from a guy on a forum.   I haven't looked in that box since I first received them and yesterday I opened up that box and realized it's 13" rotors with cobra calipers (I think late 90's to early 2000's) with braided lines.

I finally disassembled the front disk brake assemblies I removed from a 69 cougar back in 07 so can try these brakes on and they fit fine.   The paperwork I got with this kit shows they are a 13" kit from street or track so that was a nice surprise.  

**So what I was thinking is a brake booster, a master cylinder from a ranger and a wilwood adjustable porpotional valve then the drums in the rear until I switch to disks in the rear.**

I have a new master cylinder and booster I bought for a 69 mustang with a Windsor probably like 10 years ago. The master cylinder looks fine and the booster has some light surface rust. Should I just scrap them?  They have been in a closed plastic tote all these years. 

I have to figure this stuff out asap because I have a long list of stuff (that I'll probably bug you guys with ha ha) but my goal is to start my 408w and drive it around the block this year. I have 5 months left. I'm selling one of my cars so I don't have to be so careful with my spending but nothing too crazy of course. 

So what do you guys think. Should I use what I mentioned?

Screenshot_20210627-095013_Gallery.jpg

As far as I know, Ranger master, and adjustable prop valve with cobra discs is a common conversion; I would use them. Also I wouldn't just scrap the disc assembly, master and booster for the 69 as someone else might be able to check/test them and use. Let me know if you are going to scrap the 69 disc parts, I will gladly pay shipping for them.

1 hour ago, lalojamesliz said:

What booster is normally used with the ranger master cylinder?

Do not know what brand/PN of booster, but if the booster fits to firewall/pedal and the master fits to booster (holes lining up, master/booster not hitting some where) and you can adjust the booster rod to master clearance, you can use it. My 70 Grande has a booster for a Fiat. Check the bore of the master or search with it's part number to see what diameter bore it has though.

Ha ha ha I'm already not going to install the power steering (for now) 

My wife might want to drive it. 

If it's as simple as installing a booster before the master,  why not....

I'll just unplug the vac line to it when I drive it around you :)

I run a similar set up on my car.  I have the 13 in rotor with Bullitt/Cobra caliper.  Running the stock booster and master cylinder and just put a proportioning valve in the rear as I am running disc in the rear as well.   I know Street or Track has hardware to bolt that up to your spindle if you needed.