Billy down under

1970 coupe deck filler panel and trunk hinges

Hi Gang

I cannot find 1970 coupe deck filler panel , only available for a fastback or conv , wondering if a 68 coupe will fit , also no listing for trunk hinges or pins , again only for fastback , would love to know what anybody has done to modify or source 

cheers Billy from down under

Slow down a bit there Billy. How about an introduction, where ya from, (where abouts down under, plenty of members from Oz) and especially pics of her Mustang!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

5 hours ago, Billy down under said:

hey guys chasing a 1970 coupe deck filler panel _ anybody have a donor car they could cut piece out of

billy from down under

Hi mate, I just looked at my 70 vert and 70 coupe and I believe 69/70 vert filler deck can be modified to work on a coupe. As both vert and coupe use the same trunk lid, the aft edge and sides should be the same on both panels. Only difference is at the front edge and you can turn the vert edge down or cut and add a section to the front edge to match the coupe. If you have a good metal guy in your area (or if you are good at metal work), it can be done with relative ease if you can't find a donor car. But usually donor cars would have been sitting out in the elements and that area holds water and rot away unless the car was kept out of the elements. Can post pictures of the front edge on my 70 vert and coupe if you need.