Shep69

Rear wheel cylinder size .

Does anyone know  what the size of the rear 9 inch drum brake cylinders are on a 69 351 mach1 . 
There’s a few different sizes to choose from . 13/16, 7/8 and 29/32 . 

On 5/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, EastYorkStang said:

Could you not measure the existing units ?

Yes I wanted to know what size is correct before pulling it apart. 
I found that I had 13/16 in there . I purchased the 7/8 cylinders and put them in on the weekend. I thought this would have made a big improvement in my brakes but it didn’t make much difference at all. 
Ive just about replaced all the brake system now including master, vacuum booster front callipers pads and new seals and spring in the valve block and proportional valve. Have about 15 “ vacuum at idle . Still not great braking . 

8 hours ago, pgold said:

Shep69 have you tried EBC redstuff disk pads. Made a considerable improvement to my brakes.

cheers Paul.

No I haven’t but have heard good things about them. Might be worth giving them a go. 

Shep, I ordered mine from Richmond Brake and Clutch in Melbourne 03 9853 2113. No stock in Brisbane at the time.  Pads to suit VT Commodore callipers fitted to my 69 $137.45 delivered to Brisbane. Much cheaper than EBAY. They may be closed with the covid 19 lock down at present. DP31158C may be the pads you need.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, pgold said:

Shep, I ordered mine from Richmond Brake and Clutch in Melbourne 03 9853 2113. No stock in Brisbane at the time.  Pads to suit VT Commodore callipers fitted to my 69 $137.45 delivered to Brisbane. Much cheaper than EBAY. They may be closed with the covid 19 lock down at present. DP31158C may be the pads you need.

Thanks for the info Paul.