Viperpete

Rotisserie Mounting

Hey guys and gals. The time has finally come for me to put the 69 under the knife. I ordered a boat load of goodies from MTF and picked up my full floor pan from NPD (its great having them 10 miles from home).

I think i'll start a build thread but I had a question. I have completed building a rotisserie. The plans are attached.  Any ideas on how to attach the rotisserie to the car? 

thumbnail-IMG-3772.jpg

My neighbor gave me 9 cans of this purple paint so i figured id spray the rotisserie. Looks great. 

thumbnail-IMG-3788.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-3789.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-3790.jpg

Had the motor/trans out in 90 mins!

thumbnail-IMG-3797.jpg

Red-Wing-Steel-Works-Auto-Rotisserie-Plans-01022015.pdf

A lot of folks mount the car using front bumper holes on front frame rail and rear panel. But if you are going to change the whole floor, that would not work for you. I am making a frame jig that turns into rotisserie. Frame jig keeps everything aligned. If you wait a few days, I can post some pictures.

I have a lot to do before I cut the old floor out. I was advised to put the car on jack stands, cut the floor out, weld the new one in and then mount on the rotisserie. The floor and front frame rails are toast. I am going to build some cross bracing in-between the doors with an X going from left to right before I cut the floor out as well. 

So I think what I'm gonna do is raise the car on my lift slide the floor under the car and position it on jack stands. Then lower the car onto the new floor and weld it up. I'm not 100% sure how i'm going to make sure its perfectly level though

19 hours ago, jjstang said:

I used a laser level to establish a datum line and measured from there according to the factory specs. I used screw jacks for micro adjustment. 8 points. Worked good. 

Where'd you get those screw jacks?

Every now and then you can find those old train / house moving jacks ,i just bought 7 of them off market place for $10 each . They are 1 1/2 inch screws and the base is cast iron ,they work great for leveling ,i think i have 10 of them now and they came in all different lengths