jjstang

Braided wire sleeve sizes

I found this on another forum:

Horseplay, on Stangfix

1/2" will carry everything to the back end of the car plus a few extra beyond stock, fitting neatly in the door sill valley. It can also be used under dash for some of the separate runs although a smaller size would work better for many. You will have a bit of larger bundles, perhaps, where a small amount of a larger size would be nice but it may be wise to not fully encapsulate those portions as they are under dash and never really in sight. Just use real wire cinch tape (not electrical) to bind them together every few inches.

When I did my mustang I bought 50' of 1/2", 25' of 3/8" and 3/4", if I recall correctly. I may have bought a bit more of something along the way. Been a while. I do know I have a fair amount of the 3/4" left over and some of the 3/8". It'll get used up here soon on the truck.

And this from VMF:

Tech flex, VMF  (wire wrap)

IndyFive-O

I used the TechFlex F6 from here:
https://www.wirecare.com/

Street or Track

I use that stuff, great product.
I just ordered a bunch of it in various sizes. No idea how much you'll need to do an entire car. I don't recall it being that pricey to worry about having some left over.
Remember to gently melt the ends of each cut to stop fraying, then I went over each end with some shrink wrap. Makes for a really professional looking job.

Shaun

JeffH13

I used some for my 66 rewiring project, this was for the AAW harness:
3/4" - 6 ft
1/2" - 19 ft
3/8" - 32 ft
1/4" - 35 ft
The 1/4 may be a little high because I also used it for the rear speakers, about 15-18 feet just for them.
There is a guy on eBay selling it, PM me and I can give you his direct contact info where you'll get a little discount.

IndyFive-O

I second the melting of the ends and heat shrink to finish them off. if you don't have heat shrink friction tape works great also.