Sal DiMauro

1969 mach 1 wiring firewall forward

There a bolt under the dash inn the center of the fuse box. Loosed the bolt and it will separate the two halves. There are clips on the sides of the engine bay harness under the dash that you lightly pull and it will come out of the firewall. 

There are lots of companies that make harnesses, but personally I like stock replacement harnesses that match the wire diagram and Ford specs. You can get those from National Parts Depot, and the company is Metal Alloy. Call NPD and tell them what model you have and they will know which harnesses you need- with or without a tach, hood turn signals, etc.

Its a good idea to replace the wire forward of the firewall, because it ages with heat and the elements, however for the stuff inside the car you can get it refurbished by Randy at http://midlifeharness.com     

2 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

There are lots of companies that make harnesses, but personally I like stock replacement harnesses that match the wire diagram and Ford specs. You can get those from National Parts Depot, and the company is Metal Alloy. Call NPD and tell them what model you have and they will know which harnesses you need- with or without a tach, hood turn signals, etc.

Its a good idea to replace the wire forward of the firewall, because it ages with heat and the elements, however for the stuff inside the car you can get it refurbished by Randy at http://midlifeharness.com     

My thoughts exactly. 

I can also refurbish the underhood headlight harness for much less than the reproductions.  The alternator and engine gauge feed (oil, water, coil) are better bought as reproductions.