paulb

69 Headlight switch wiring

Bottom row (with pins almost in a straight line), front facing you: right: black/blue, center: green/yellow, left: yellow (horn) and green/red

Center row: right: red/orange  left: black/yellow

Top row: left: black/orange (main power), center: brown and sometimes blue/red, right: blue/red

1 minute ago, RPM said:

I'm sure Mach 1 Driver, one of our electrical gurus will chime in when he awakens tomorrow, as he's on eastern time. 

What about me?  I'm putting your name in my little black book...

image.png.a28fdf7f2c811e1eb68e035edd5d0e36.pngHeck it isn't even the crack of dawn yet and I'm up already, see below

Edit; this thing will print in portrait mode, letter or B size. It's from the 1969 Ford Shop Manual and is 30+ pages long. Each page is originally 11x17, which is B size. The pdf software lets you print pages individually. 

Mustang Wire Diagram.pdf

6 hours ago, Midlife said:

Bottom row (with pins almost in a straight line), front facing you: right: black/blue, center: green/yellow, left: yellow (horn) and green/red

Center row: right: red/orange  left: black/yellow

Top row: left: black/orange (main power), center: brown and sometimes blue/red, right: blue/red

Thanks but need to know where what each wire does?  I’m replacing a gm style switch with the original one

Wire diagrams show you how it's wired with colors and plugs, etc., while the schematics below show you how it works by showing the internal switching of components. They also greatly simplify what the wire diagram is showing, removing the problem of not seeing the forest for the trees. All five pages showing the entire car are in the section "How To"  under the post "A Real Schematic".

Most of the time you really need both a wire diagram and a schematic. Interior lights are on page 2 and exterior lights are on page 3:

NZ3jUzR.png

rE5yqZE.png