Sign in to follow this  
TexasEd

Best part finds!

I have been dealing with a cracked 2 spoke Dark Red steering wheel for a long time.  Been thinking about the replacement options and all the aftermarket ones and then I found a generic ebay seller that must have gotten one from an estate sale or consignment and it was listed $40-60 cheaper than from a retail store.  The Dark Red ones were also harder to find in general.

No more worrying about the aftermarket ones and another part on my car stays original looking!

List the great finds or hard to find items you needed that you finally got or something at a great price.

Circa 1995 I was driving across town while working when I saw a boat for sale on the side of the road in front of a business. What caught my eye was it had a Mustang shaker air cleaner on it. What the heck? I flipped around and went inside the business to ask about it. The guys eyes lit up when I asked about the boat for sale, but he came down when I asked if he'd sell just the air cleaner. He agreed to sell the shaker, and I was leery when I asked him what he wanted for it. Twenty-five bucks. Holy crap, I couldn't pay him fast enough. $25 in1995 is $44 today, so...

So now I need a shaker hood right? Call my buddy who owned a wrecking yard and asked him to try and find a 69 shaker hood for me. He calls back the next day and said they found one down in LA. Ok, how much will it cost me? Twenty-five bucks. True stories.

A few years ago i had a guy drive up and ask me if i wanted an old mustang that a renter left on his property when he moved out ,didnt have to ask me twice ,i hitched up the trailer a headed over to his place ,what was an old mustang turned out to be a 1969 Mach1 with no wheels and setting on pallets . Not wanting to get to exited i took a quick glance at the vin ...hmm O code ? Loaded it up and got home to check that vin again to see that it was a Q code ,even better it was a gulf stream aqua white deluxe interior with fold down and AC.  Motor and tranny was missing and about a week later i traded it for a ski boat that just had a new 429 cj and built jet put in it ,had a whole lot of fun with that boat ! 

Several years ago, bought a 69 Grande parts car for 500. It was a total rust bucket, but cleared 4000 on selling the part out I didn’t want, while still keeping, fenders, buckets, doors, compete tilt wheel column, and majority of all the little nick knacks to put 2 cars together. Then traded the shell and title for the rear 70 tail end. 

5CEB3AFE-83AA-4460-A4F6-9279C18C3693.jpeg

11537663-01DB-4C86-B6A8-50E697E08ADF.jpeg

A2668990-B63F-4C4A-BC81-CC0BD0292E4C.jpeg

21C1D591-658C-4178-8E08-7EC4F1C76835.jpeg

B9D8B6B0-8662-4479-9E5D-4BBAC9A966EC.jpeg

On 3/25/2021 at 6:52 PM, Caseyrhe said:

Gave several parts away including the wiring harness to Midlife for helping me solve a wiring issue. 

Hmm...I don't recall getting any of those parts.