Sign in to follow this  
Laurie

Ignation Switch Spacer

I'm trying to install the ignition switch in my 1969 mustang but I do not have the ignition switch spacer and I can't seem to find one online. Does anyone have any ideas how else I can get the switch installed? Thanks, LaurieignitionSwitch.JPG

5 hours ago, Laurie said:

I'm trying to install the ignition switch in my 1969 mustang but I do not have the ignition switch spacer and I can't seem to find one online. Does anyone have any ideas how else I can get the switch installed? Thanks, Laurie

Welcome to the forum. You need the retainer/spacer to be able to install the switch, no way around it. You may find them on eBay, someone on the forum may have an extra or you can buy a used one from WCCC when they have them in stock.

This is the link for retainer at WCCC. Call them and ask even it shows out of stock.

10 hours ago, aslanefe said:

Welcome to the forum. You need the retainer/spacer to be able to install the switch, no way around it. You may find them on eBay, someone on the forum may have an extra or you can buy a used one from WCCC when they have them in stock.

This is the link for retainer at WCCC. Call them and ask even it shows out of stock.

Thanks, yes that is what I need. I will give them a call on Monday to see if they have one. Unless someone on here has one they are willing to part with. 

1 hour ago, Laurie said:

Thanks Mike. I have that piece. I need the piece aslanefe referenced in their post. I can’t seem to find it anywhere. The ones fir sale on eBay aren’t for my year. 

An other option is to send messages to people selling 1969 Mustang and Cougar parts on eBay and ask them if they have the part you are looking for. By looking at the sellers listed parts or store, you can have a good idea who are parting cars. They may have the part you need but not listed as that is a part with no demand.

Hi Laurie, welcome to the forum. Give Paul at Mustang MD a call, I'm pretty sure he'll have your part. He's located in Castaic Ca, and a great guy. 

How bout a little about you and your 69? Pics, where y'all from, how long you've had it etc.

20210221_110430.jpg.ce77b66f3aa324501550cc3f26dfe606.jpg

Thanks aslanfe, I purchased that one. The other websites were out when I called. 

Thanks for all the welcomes. We purchased a 69 fastback in November. We are doing a restomod. With a coyote swap and a T56 transmission. Here’s a picture of what we bought, she needs allot of love. 

9744B964-A7BD-4C43-96CB-6D3B5F6E038A.jpeg

E08216E4-C963-4873-9BF2-8EBE196875DD.jpeg

4F7B1BA8-141A-46ED-B04E-3D8E9EE20E82.jpeg

7C34218D-3938-46E2-8C1F-8BA4AD016D80.jpeg

Congrats. Just so you know, the reason that one was pricy is it comes with the illuminated switch option. This only came with the visibility group option package and not all (or even most) Mustangs got it. It should plug in to your existing harness and your switch will light up with the parking lights.

Keep us posted on the build!

Oh, BTW, I like the Boss 351 poster on the garage wall :)