norcaltt

fuel line/return line

I used tanks inc. tank and ran supply and return on the passenger side. The only reason I picked that side tho was I came through the rear fender apron on passenger side and wasn't has much stuff on that side to work around.

i also have the aeromotive tank -- I ran both lines (went with stainless braided to be fancy) along the passenger side of the car.  Not quite stock looking :) but protected and very functional.  I routed it 'through' a hole in the front subframe (wrapped it with some extra hose) before it goes up the side of my transmission tunnel to the back of the engine where it's connected to my fuel rail.  I can take more pics if you need, the back of the car is all covered up and pushed up against the wall so harder to get at.

IMG_20210304_200547204_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210304_200638683.jpg

IMG_20210304_200507818_HDR.jpg

I really think the way Sven did his is basically one of the cleanest installs I've seen.  I plan on basically doing the Sam's except at the tank because I'm using an Aeromotive Stealth II tank and both lines go where the original sending unit is.

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2017/01/fuel-system-install-part-1-rear-soft.html

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2017/02/fuel-system-install-part-2-hard-lines.html

Ran a return line on Vic's '70 vert using stock stainless lines. It turned out ok, but would have been much easier if I had bent the lines myself. Straitening out bends in a pre-bent line is aggravating.  Retaining clips were the other issue, ended up fabricating custom parts. 

IMG_6147.JPG

Nice job Mike!

The California '70 Mustangs had an elaborate charcoal cannister/fuel return line/fuel line setup.  I believe there are some diagrams of that in the "Orange Books".  This website gives you all the gory details.  This the stuff that we all threw in the trash the first day we brought the car home....

Big Brother’s Emissions on 1970 Mustangs (hotrod.com)