RPM

WTB 69 A-C Heater Box

4 hours ago, newstang said:

Bob, go with a vintage air. by the time your done sourcing stuff it will be at the same price.

Rob, I'm more and more wanting original Henry parts. Do they mate up in the same manner? Original holes and vents? And how about the controls? I do like the original manual cable controls. 

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Rob, I'm more and more wanting original Henry parts. Do they mate up in the same manner? Original holes and vents? And how about the controls? I do like the original manual cable controls. 

I think I have seen kits that use original holes, vents and the original control panel (by modifying inside to remove cables and installing switches). If your car was A/C equipped (already have the vents, control panel etc) and you only need the A/C box, I believe vintage air and/or classic auto air has a box that will replace the original; worth checking.

While I have not installed one I have done some research on both Vintage Air & Classic Auto Air. Bot will install with minimal changes. Look at their websites & pull the installation instructions for each. AS well there are a couple of installs documented on this site that are worth a look . I believe Vintage Air also supplies parts for factory AC systems as well. Worth an ask. 

Another option is the reproduction airboxes that are now available. I'm sure additional small parts will need to be sourced.:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1969+mustang+ac+box&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS833US833&oq=1969+mustang+ac+box&aqs=chrome..69i57.3375j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

On 2/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, RPM said:

Bob, if you get the mustang kit it comes with everything and lines right up with the holes in the firewall.

the unit is smaller so its a easy fit, 

Ive done two with the original controls and is pretty simple. the only pain in the ass is running the ducts but other than that they are great.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:09 PM, RPM said:

here is the install manual, youll see its pretty straightforward.

https://www.vintageair.com/instructions_pdf/554170.pdf