Sign in to follow this  
Caseyrhe

69-70 tie rod ends

I know they are different, but are the 70’s just a tad larger? 
Current one in my brothers car are loose on the spindle hole and the replacements I bought are fitting the same. I was thinking we pulled them off a 68 cougar back in the early 80’s but I’ve slept since then and he damn sure doesn’t know. 

Fits to far in the hole to where it won’t cinch up. Shaft just spins inside the spindle hole. It’s like a 18 yr old tapping a 70 year old whore, loose as all get out. 
Have the 70 tie rods ordered now and will be in tomorrow, so will keep you posted. Worse case I’ll just use a popsicle stick and rubber bands, to get it up and in, lol. 

Yes the 70 tie rods are larger at the tapered part that goes into the spindle. They do make tapered sleeves you can put on 69 tie rods to use them. I think mustang Steve sells them. 

Keep those questions coming, I'm learning all kinds of things. I haven't used the stock outer tie rods since I rebuilt my car. These are 1970 spindles with a Mustang II taper adjustable stud. 

20210205_104927.jpg.b75e09bf035612648e17d610c05027d8.jpg

Hokey pokey? That sounds like Texas talk. Dude, that pic was taken about a hunert years ago and you want me to remember what was going on then? I did use those wheel dollies to hold the body up and be mobile, but never with the motor in it. 

No laughing Phil, I do have the power to ban you :)

On 2/3/2021 at 10:02 PM, Caseyrhe said:

Fits to far in the hole to where it won’t cinch up. Shaft just spins inside the spindle hole. It’s like a 18 yr old tapping a 70 year old whore, loose as all get out. 
Have the 70 tie rods ordered now and will be in tomorrow, so will keep you posted. Worse case I’ll just use a popsicle stick and rubber bands, to get it up and in, lol. 

Throwing a pickle down the hallway...