grendi

your experience with march performance?

I was wondering what your experience are with march performance, as my current experience is a complete nightmare:
We bought an engine from ATK and ordered a belt kit from march with their online configuration.
When the parts arrived in Switzerland, the brac ket for the alternator didn't fit  and the pulleys were way off, I tried to contact marchperformance and ask for advice....
the first two mails were not answered so i tried the chat where they told me to resend the mail.
I asked them for a different mail address to send my mail as it seemed the mails I sent from my yahoo.com account were blocked by a misconfigured mail server,  but the didn't provide me one.
So I resent the e-mail from one of my brothers e-mail accounts and we finally received an answer from "derek" he seemed to believe I ordered the wrong kit from marchperformance and asked me about the waterpump type, so I sent him a picture. the next reply from "Derek" is just a confirmation, that the kit was made for my waterpump type.
So again, I asked them what I should order to solve the fitting problems and after getting no answer for a week I resent the mail.

update

phone support does seem to work much better....... 

20201222_151755.jpg

20201222_151726.jpg

I read your post this AM and can understand your frustration.  I emailed info@marchperformance.com and explained that their lack of customer service was being discussed on this forum.  I included this web site and your explanation of the difficulties you have experienced.   Brian

I had to shim my March water pump and alternator pullies out to line up with the crank pulley. Not sure if it was the pullies or the harmonic balancer that caused the misalignment.  I never dealt with march Customer Service,. 

On 2/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Brian Conway said:

I read your post this AM and can understand your frustration.  I emailed info@marchperformance.com and explained that their lack of customer service was being discussed on this forum.  I included this web site and your explanation of the difficulties you have experienced.   Brian

This forum has a lot of power, and mentioning it should make a difference.  You might also mention your displeasure is being discussed on vintagemustang.com, the other forum with a lot of followers.  They should have better customer service. 

In general, these products from suppliers like this all fit correctly.  I am wondering if something is unique about your motor that you are not aware of?   Maybe you do not have the exact motor or parts that they are expecting  to fit to?   

Be patient with them,  and keep trying.  Good luck getting it resolved. 

I thought I post a short update to keep you informed what's going on:
I need a spacer for the pully on the harmonic damper, and marchperformance makes one that fits.
The bracket however is a different story.
The tech support guy told me he had an Idea on how to solve this and he would get back to me. That was on the 02.02.2021
I'm still waiting for a reply....