BillC

Moving seat back

My old man legs are having a hard time squeezing into my seat. There seems to be plenty of room to move the seat tracks back a few inches. I don't carry back seaters so no concern about that. I do have a tilt steering wheel that helps but not enough. Has anyone moved their seat tracks back? And any recommendations?

Thanks,

Bill

I don't know what height people these cars were designed to fit.  It seems if you are 5'-10" or more there is not enough leg room.  There are these seat track extenders.  They will also raise the seat the thickness of the material they are made from.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_extenders_seat_track_custom_made_to-202272-276.html

I'm 182cm which I think is near 6 foot. I've been thinking of what to do here too before I weld in the new seat platforms. I didn't realise you had Audi seats in yours, Bob. I've got a complete Audi RS6 here which I bought as a donor vehicle for another build and it has black leather Recaro seats in it which are also heated. They look and feel amazing and have thought about using them instead of the high backs. How did your install go height wise? Did you find they raised the seat height much?

I would not recommend anyone do the Audi swap. Somewhere in my build thread I agonize over problems. In a nutshell; the base is too wide, the mounting points are not typical, and the seats are completely different side to side. At least on the A4 they are problematic.